Bon Bon Cookies
1/2cup soft butter
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
1-1/2 cup sifted flour
1/8 tsp salt
food coloring if desired
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. Mix butter, sugar, vanilla (food coloring)
3. Blend in flour & salt thoroughly with hands.
4. Wrap a level tablespoon of dough around filling (cherry, date, nut, chocolate
piece, ball of dough etc.)
5. bake 1" apart on ungreased baking sheet 12-15 minutes until set but not brown
Dip in Candy Icing.
1. chocolate dough: Add 1 sq.(1 oz.) unsweetened chocolate
2. brown sugar dough: 1/2 cup brown sugar in place of powdered sugar
3. cookie dough centers: to 1/2 cup of the cookie dough add any of the
following, 1/4 cup raisins, chopped dates, candied fruit, chocolate pieces or
nuts. roll into tiny balls for centers.