Carrot Cake Cookies
2 cups shredded carrots
2 tablespoons water
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup raisins
Cream Cheese Frosting:
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 tablespoon orange juice
2 - 2-1/2 cups Confectioners Sugar
1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
Walnut halves (optional)
* Heat oven to 375°F. Grease cookie sheets.
* Place shredded carrots in a microwave safe bowl. Drizzle with water and
microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring once. Cool.
* In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and
vanilla; mix well. Stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in
small bowl; gradually add to sugar mixture. Stir in shredded carrots, walnuts
* Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool 5 minutes then remove from cookie sheets to
cooling racks. Cool completely. Frost cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting and
garnish with one walnut half. Store cookies in refrigerator.
To make Cream Cheese Frosting:
* In small bowl, beat together cream cheese, butter and orange juice.
Gradually beat in Confectioners Sugar until well mixed. Stir in orange rind.
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.