Coffee Nut Drop Cookies
Posted by: macklinda Sat, 12 Jun 2004, at 8:23 a.m.
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
11/4 teaspoons vanilla
11/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
6 tablespoons coffee syrup divided (see coffee syrup recipe)
3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
11/2 cups sifted confectioner's sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
Beat in the egg and one teaspoon vanilla until light.
2. Sift flour, salt and baking soda. With mixer on low speed, mix in the flour
mixture alternating with 4 tablespoons of coffee syrup until well blended. Stir
3. Drop heaping teaspoonfuls, two inches apart, onto greased baking sheets. Bake
in a preheated 375ƒ oven for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned. Cool on wire
4. In a small bowl, combine confectioner's sugar, remaining º teaspoon vanilla,
remaining 2 tablespoons coffee syrup and milk until smooth and consistency of a
thick glaze. Spread glaze over the cooled cookies.
Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 cup sugar
1 cup extra strength brewed 100% Colombian Coffee
(1 1/2 cups ground coffee to 16 ounces cold water).
1. Combine sugar and coffee in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring
constantly to dissolve sugar. Lower heat and simmer for three minutes, stirring
2. Store syrup tightly covered in refrigerator, up to one month. Use to flavor
milk drinks or over ice cream.
Yield: 1 cup syrup