1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon instant coffee or espresso powder, dissolved in
2 teaspoons coffee-flavored liqueur or water
1. Combine the flour, cinnamon, and salt.
2. Cream butter and brown sugar in a large bowl until well blended; stir in the
3. Add the flour mixture; mix until the dough begins to clump together (if
you’re using an electric mixer, set it on low speed).
4. Transfer the dough onto a large piece of plastic wrap.
5. Shape the dough into a log about 7 inches long.
6. Chill until quite firm, at least 6 hours and up to 3 days.
7. Once sufficiently chilled, cut the dough in 1/4-inch slices; set them 1 inch
apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
8. Bake at 350°F until the tops look dry and the edges are slightly browned,
about 12 minute Transfer to a rack to cool completely.