Orange Mexican Wedding Cakes
1 softened cup unsalted butter
1/2 sifted, plus some for decorating cup powdered sugar
1 freshly grated tbsp orange zest
1/2 tsp pure orange extract
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp pure almond extract
2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 finely chopped cup almonds
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease cookie sheets.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and creamy.
3. Add orange zest and extracts and mix until well blended.
4. In a small bowl, whisk flour and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the
butter mixture, mixing continuously.
5. Stir in chopped almonds.
6. Roll dough into 1-inch balls with your hands and place 2 inches apart on
prepared cookie sheets.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until set. Cookies should not be browned.
8. Let cookies cool on the sheets for 3 minutes, then transfer to wire racks and
cool completely. Frost if desired or roll in powdered sugar. Store in airtight